Friday, May 07, 2010

A Tennessee Moment If There Ever Was One

First, go here and read this. Go ahead, I'll wait, we'll be here when you get back.

Nice, wasn't it? I agree, it DOES mean a lot more these days in the aftermath of the worst flood since 1937, one that still is hitting Dyersburg hard as it recedes in Midstate.

This below represents the ultimate Tennessee moment, even if it was sung by a man from Macon, GA.  it was recorded on McLemore Street right here in Memphis, written by Nashville's best.

This goes out to all of the heroes who have been fighting this flood, from Lebanon to Franklin to Ashland City to Clarksville to Jackson to Millington to Munford to Dyersburg, and yes, NASHVILLE, you have been magnificent.

And especially for my heroes the #assbastards, you know who you are; I got this from one of them.

Thank you all.  You have made me more proud to be a Tennessean, and made me feel like more of a Tennessean, than in any of my prior 38 years in this state.  Enjoy the best this state has to offer:

No comments: